Marine Corps Base Quantico and Marine Corps Community Services have been working tirelessly over the past several years to rebuild and reopen this facility for you and your family’s enjoyment. We are very proud of what has been accomplished here at Lunga Park and will continue the efforts to restore selected areas in the future.
Lunga Park is open 7 days a week, sunrise to sunset. Personal watercraft may launch sunrise to sunset with self check-in. Rentals are only available during Boathouse hours. Come and explore the newly built beach volleyball area, General Store & Boat House, playground area, grills for family and unit cookouts, boat dock, pavilions, and watercraft rentals. Onsite tent camping and rustic cabin rentals will be coming soon! Pets are allowed but must remain on a leash. NO wading or swimming allowed at Lunga Park.
Per DoD policies, only authorized patrons (and guests) of MWR may be permitted access to Lunga Park in accordance with base access policies.
The following individuals have full access to MWR services and programs:
- Active-duty service members and their families
- Members of the National Guard and reserves and their families
- Current and retired DoD civilian employees
- Service academy and Merchant Marine cadets
- Retired service members and their families
- Honorably discharged veterans with a 100% service-connected disability
- Medal of Honor recipients
- Surviving family members of uniformed service members or retirees until they age out of eligibility or their dependent status associated with the deceased member or retiree changes
Please refer to the MCBQ Visitor Control Center for any base access questions.
Click images below for more information.
|Lunga Park Hours
(subject to change)
|Monday||Sunrise - Sunset|
|Tuesday||Sunrise - Sunset|
|Wednesday||Sunrise - Sunset|
|Thursday||Sunrise - Sunset|
|Friday||Sunrise - Sunset|
|Saturday||Sunrise - Sunset|
|Sunday||Sunrise - Sunset|