Transition Readiness Program (TRP) provides our transitioning Marines and their families with the resources and tools needed to reach their personal goals and includes a standardized core curriculum.
The Transition Readiness Program at MCB Quantico is making changes to the delivery of Transition
Readiness Program services to ensure completion of required timelines (Initial Counseling, Pre- Separation Counseling, Transition Readiness Seminar and Capstone Reviews), while increasing precautionary measures being set in place due to COVID-19. CONTACT YOUR UNIT TRANSITION COORDINATOR (UTC) FOR MORE INFORMATION.
TRANSITION READINESS PROCESS:
For Marines, the transition process begins with your Unit Transition Coordinator (UTC). Contact your
UTC to get instructions on how to begin the transition process. If you are a Marine on a Marine Corps installation outside of MCB Quantico, contact the UTC at your unit/installation. If you are a Marine Reservist or Marine on I&I Duty outside of MCB Quantico, contact the P&PD Manager at MARFORRES Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org for Transition Readiness assistance. For other services, contact the UTC equivalent for your branch of service.
STEPS TO YOUR TRANSITION FROM ACTIVE DUTY
- Identify your Unit Transition Coordinator (UTC) and make contact to receive instructions on how to schedule Initial Counseling.
- Initial Counseling (IC) - Complete IC no LESS than 365 days from your EAS/Retirement. It recommended you take this step as soon as possible before the 365 day mark to have as much time as possible to create your individual transition plan.
- Pre- Separation Counseling (Pre-Sep) - Complete Pre-Sep no LESS than 365 days from your EAS/Retirement.
- Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS): Separatees should attend TRS 12-14 months prior to EAS but no later than 6 months prior to EAS. Retirees should attend TRS 18-24 months prior to their retirement date but no later than 6 months prior to retirement.Steps One through Three must be completed prior to Step Four - attending TRS
- Capstone Review: Completion is required no LESS than 120 from EAS/Retirement.
- Capstone Verification: Completion is required no LESS than 90 days from EAS/Retirement.
- Print your DD Form 2648 and provide a copy to IPAC. Personal & Professional Development Advisors are available to assist you with setting and obtaining your transition goals. You will meet your Advisor during Step One – Initial Counseling.
3019 Embry Loop
Quantico, VA 22134
|Monday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 4:30pm|