The Personal Financial Management Program provides free personal financial education, training, counseling, and information and referral. These services are also available for unit training. Appointments are encouraged.
Interested in participating in a PFMP class?
Now you can register online.
- Goal Setting
- Transitional Challenges
Budgeting and Cash Management
- This information will help you identify where you are financially and assist you in reviewing your financial decision making process. It is difficult to make sound financial decisions if you do not have the correct information to assist you.
- Use of Credit and Debt
- Credit can be your best ally or your worst enemy. The way you develop your credit file and how you manage it can propel you forward in reaching your financial goals or hold you back and cause your financial plans to be delayed or worse unobtainable.
- Major Purchase Planning
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
TSP is one of many tools available to help you maximize your retirement. Finding out what TSP can do for you will help you place the program in your planning process and help you reach your retirement goals.
- Roth IRA's, Traditional IRA's
- Consumer Benefits and Rights
Savings and Investing: www.kiplinger.com
Pay and Allowances: www.dfas.mil
Entitlements and Benefits: www.defenselink.mil
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: www.consumerfinance.gov
Better Business Bureau: www.bbb.org/
Annual Credit Report: www.annualcreditreport.com
National Automobile Dealers Association Guides: www.nadaguides.com