Pool Facilities, Rules, and Regulations
Opening Memorial Day weekend with adjusted hours and opening full time mid June, The Quantico 50M pool is place to be this summer for relaxation, fun, exercise and learning opportunities. Adjusted hours begin again in mid August with the last day of business on Labor Day.
The facility includes an Olympic size pool and wading pool. The wading pool is a zero depth entry to make access to our mushroom fountain easy for our littlest swimmer. The 50M Pool is the perfect place to swim laps or play games with your friends and is equipped with a winding water slide, 3 meter diving board and 1 meter diving board which provide endless fun for kids and adults alike.
In addition to recreational swimming we offer Unit PTs, Swim lessons, Lifeguard Training, Water Safety Instructor Training. Your aquatic exercise and education opportunities are endless at the Quantico 50M Pool.
We also offer both private & splash parties. Make your next event a splash and throw a pool party with us! With so much to do your attendees will never be bored. Pool Parties are light on the wallet, but heavy on the fun!
We hope you'll spend your summer with us.
Rules and Regulations
1. All patrons must comply with the directions and signals of lifeguards and/or the pool manager.
2. Children 10 years of age and over, who have successfully completed the swim test may use the pool unaccompanied.
3. Children 9 years of age and younger, regardless of swimming ability, must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is 16 years of age or older.
4. Children under 16 years of age will not be permitted in the middle or deep end and may not use the diving boards or water slides until they have passed a swim test
given by a staff member.
5. Pool breaks will be conducted 15 minutes before the hour during Open Swim.
6. Swim Diapers and watertight diaper covers must be worn, at all times, by children who are not potty trained.
7. Only service animals are allowed.
8. Lap lanes are for lap swimming and aquatic exercise only.
9. Food and drinks in plastic/aluminum containers are permitted in designated areas.
10 The following items/situations are not allowed:
a. Diving into water less than 9 ft. deep.
b. Radios or other media devices that do not have earplugs for personal listening.
c. Profanity or vulgar remarks.
e. Public displays of affection.
f. Bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, etc. in pool area.
11. Do not leave valuables unattended or in an unlocked locker. Pool Staff are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
12. Alcohol, illegal substances and smoking are not allowed within the pool fence. Individuals who appear to be under the influence will not be allowed in the facility and/or will be asked to leave the facility.
13. Snorkels are allowed for lap swim only.
14. Personal toys (balls, diving rings, frisbees, etc.) are permitted in shallow end only.
15. Showers must be taken each time before entering the pool.
16. Swimsuits or clothing that serves the purpose of covering the body during swimming are required. Thong bikinis, transparent clothing, and cut offs are not permitted.
17. Individuals who have sores, an infectious or communicable disease or bandages will not be permitted in the pool.
18. Do not congregate around ladders and stairs.
19. Rafts, air mattresses, or flotation devices that could easily become detached from the user are prohibited (lifejacket’s, water wings, or similar personal safety items may be used by
non-swimmers and are permitted in the shallow area only).
20. The pool will be closed to all incoming patrons, regardless of status, when capacities reach authorized limits. Patrons will be admitted only when numbers decrease and space is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
21. No fraternizing with lifeguards.
Diving Board Rules
1. Gymnastics will not be permitted on the diving boards.
2. All dives are to be forward and straight off the front of the board.
3. Goggles and/or earplugs are not permitted for use on the diving board.
4. Swimming is not permitted in diving area unless diving boards are closed.
5. Double bouncing on diving boards is not permitted.
6. One person on the board at a time.
7. Wait for the previous diver to reach the side of the pool or ladder before diving.
8. Parents or guardians of non-swimming children may not position themselves under the diving boards to catch their child.
Water Slide Rules
1. Patrons wishing to use the water slide must be at least 48 inches tall and pass a swimming test before using the slide.
2. Use of rings, rafts, air mattresses, swim suits with built in flotation, and all other flotation devices on the water slide is prohibited.
3. Goggles and/or earplugs are not permitted for use on the water slide.
4. Sitting, standing, and/or stopping on the water slide is prohibited.
5. One person is allowed on the slide at time. This includes the stairs.
a. Please wait for the lifeguard to signal before climbing the stairs.
6. Patrons must assume a safe sliding position before sliding
b. Lie on back
c. Keep head back
7. Use the appropriate ladder to exit the pool.
Baby Pool Rules
1. Swim Diapers and watertight diaper covers must be worn, at all times, by children who are not potty trained.
2. The baby pool is reserved for use by children under 7 years of age and their guardian.
Children must be supervised at all times.
a.Exceptions may be granted based on special needs or circumstances.
3. Horseplay and wrestling are prohibited.
4. Rafts, air mattresses, or flotation devices that could easily become detached from the user are prohibited (lifejacket’s, water wings, or similar personal safety items may be used by non-swimmers and are permitted).
5. Personal toys (balls, diving rings, frisbees, etc.) are permitted.
Dolphin Slide Rules
1. Do not play under the slide.
2. Only one child is permitted on the slide at a time.
3. Children over 7 years of age and/or over 4 feet tall are prohibited from using the Dolphin Slide.
4.Children using the slide must be supervised by a person 16 years of age or older.
5.Children using the slide must lie on their back and enter the pool feet first.