New Hire Orientation Process
MCCS Employee Development believes that a trained workforce creates a happy and customer service oriented workforce. We are making changes in the process in which we provide our basic training.
At the time the position is offered the applicant, the Human Resources Generalist will review all initial requirements (i.e. New Employee Orientation, Retail Orientation, Welcome Aboard, ServSafe, etc). Please use the New Hire Checklist.
Training Materials Offered
Training Lesson Plans (with Materials)
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- Suicide Prevention
- Communication in the Workplace
- Time Management
- Stress Management
- Performance Evaluations
- Coaching, Counseling, Tutoring, Mentoring (COCOTUMEN)
- Hiring the best people
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- New Employee Orientation
- Conflict Resolution and Confrontation Skills
- Effective Meeting Skills
Resource Books available for checkout
List of Resource Books Available:
- Warming Up the Crowd- 57 pre-session activities Value Quest
- Welcome to Our Company- A humorous office manual
- Writing Skills
- The Team-Building Workshop
- Creative Training Techniques Handbook
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Manual
- An Inside Job – Meeting Internal Customer Needs
- High Impact Presentations
- Presentation Advantage
- Visual Advantage
- Supervising in a Bargain Unit Environment
- Walk Your Talk
There are many online resources available and free to NAF and APF employees. Please visit the following web sites, review courses offered and submit a request via your Manager and Program Head.
- www.donhr.navy.mil: Select the Training and Development tab on the left side of the screen. Some cost may be associated with these courses.
- www.quantico.usmc.mil/g6/training: Computer software training. No cost is associated with these classes.
- www.quantico.usmc.mil/safety: Safety training
- www.usalearning.gov: A government-wide resource that supports development of the Federal workforce through simplified and one-stop access to high quality e-Training products and services. The creation of this Center supports the President's Management Agenda (PMA) e-Training Initiative and the Gov Online Learning Center is continually growing with the addition of products, and services and performance support tools that meet critical and government-wide needs of the workforce.