Report Principles of Excellence Violations

The Postsecondary Education Complaint System

The Postsecondary Education Complaint System is a centralized complaint system for students receiving Federal military and veterans educational benefits to register complaints that can be tracked and responded to by the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, Justice, and Education, the CFPB, and other relevant agencies.

Who should submit a complaint?

If you or your family member receives tuition assistance or is a Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Scholarship recipient, you are encouraged to submit feedback here.

If you are not using TA or MyCAA education benefits, please submit your complaint to the appropriate agency:

  • Montgomery or Post 9/11 GI Bill - Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Federal financial aid, for example Pell Grants and federal loans - Department of Education
  • Private student loans - Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

When to submit a complaint

You may submit a complaint if your school is failing to follow the Principles of Excellence. This initiative is designed to empower you and your family members to report misleading or unfair actions by education institutions. Examples of education related issues may include, but are not limited to, misrepresentation or deceptive actions concerning multiple unsolicited phone calls or emails used as a high-pressure recruitment tactic, false representation about degree programs, misleading statements regarding accreditation or promoting costly private or institutional loans. The types of complaints DoD will review include the following:

Recruiting and Marketing Practices

Quality of Education


Grade Policy

Financial Issues
(for example, tuition and fee charges)

Release of Transcripts

Student Loans

Transfer of Credits

Post-Graduation Job Opportunities

Refund or Collection Issues

Change in Degree Plan and Requirements


If you are experiencing issues specific to your TA or MyCAA education benefit, for example, eligibility, application/request form or payment, please direct them to your DoD military service education representative.

How to submit a complaint

If you are using TA or MyCAA education benefits, please follow this link to file your complaint.